Friday, May 25, 2012

5.25

Religion is very important to me. 
Religion drives so much of the cultures around me. Religion brings ceremony, reverence and a pompus nature you cannot find in any other aspect of cultures. Buddhist temples, Aztec ceremonies, the Vatican? All of it is decked to the t in gold, valuables, even human blood. You don't find this any where else. 
Government is modeled on the basic religious structure. Look at pictures of presidents, think of the things they have, where they live, public appearances, responsibilities. 
Religion has always been a tough one for me. It didn't make sense that god would allow me to be locked in my room or my mother to die, but people just kept telling me it would be okay. Well it wasn't. So... that was pretty much lies. 
But Jesus.
Damn, is Jesus the SHIT or what? He cruses with his home boys, philosophizes with his besties in front of a ton of people; pretty much a jammin dude. 
I was raised by a Catholic and Presbyterian in a Unitarian church. Thought I was Buddhist.  Wiccan. Then Buddhist again. I was fascinated by Nuns and the Amish. Lately, I've just said I'm Atheist.


The Quakers seem cool though. 
I could chill with the Quakers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment